Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
We had a wonderful day and a delicious meal. The {most important part of the meal} Dessert Bar

Scott made the most scrumptious green beans!
The Kids Table
We really really missed the "Texas family" this year, we usually spend Thanksgiving together-last year we were in Cabo San Lucas! My sister in law, Laurie is the one who always decorates the tables and she wasn't here to bail me out! We only had 12 at our table, wish the other 10 Luffs and my parents would have been here!
I found "Pumpkin Spice" Root candles for Table favors! They smell divine! {and that scent is Beckie's favorite}
Everyone enjoyed the yummy feast...
especially this guy! Gavin LOVES to eat!!
Austin kept us entertained and, as usual and of course he had to play with the vacuum before he went home!
Gavin mostly wandered all over and "talked" a lot! He did take a minute to play with the train though.
Shannon, Shae, Anna and I went to see The Blind Side after dinner (Scott and his parents stayed and cleaned up while Lindsay played with her train ) What a great movie. I am buying it for sure when it comes out on DVD. I really want Scott and his Dad to see it. Ministry like ours can take a toll on you emotionally at times (working with kids in general can) but this movie will make you feel like all the effort and time is worthwhile! (which we do already know, but it is nice to see a story with a happy ending like this one!)
I have taken all the Fall decorations down ( actually Anna and I put them in the attic while Scott was asleep on the couch!) so I am hoping he won't give me any attitude when I want to get the Christmas stuff down and decorate tomorrow!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful day with lots of yummy food, blessings and thankful hearts!










Photobucket src="http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/simplyyoursdesign/ingersig.png" border=0>

3 comments:

Kim said...

Loved reading about your day! Glad you got to see The Blind Side. So great! Thanksgiving blessings to all the Luffs.

Amy said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

Kristi Smalley said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Inger. Your table looked great as always. You are so creative.