Friday, June 11, 2010

We have had so much going on these last few weeks. Most of our activities have centered around Shae's graduation and it has been so much fun!
The night before graduation we had a little get together for Shae since we couldn't do it on the night of graduation because of the senior's all night party.
The weather has been just beautiful so the evening of the "party" was cool enough to eat outside.
I had big plans for using my white dishes...but Scott said no way since our dishwasher is broken! (I am like a pioneer woman doing them by hand these days...we most likely won't get another one until after summer. Good thing we will be at camp!)
My nephew, Gavin, LOVES to eat...especially with grandma and Papa. (oh those eyes :)
Austin was enthralled with my ice water dispenser. He was a wonderful "water waiter"!
This picture is one of the most precious sights you could see~ a cousin sleepover! I am an only child, so I am thrilled to have married the oldest of 5...and my girls have 7 cousins! Hannah was here with Scott's sister for graduation all the way from Dallas! She and her 2 brothers along with our 5 year old twin cousins will be here for 2 weeks this summer at camp! It has become a tradition we look forward to and it keeps the kids close, even though they live so far apart!
Anna, Lindsay and Hannah
Shae has decided she really likes this whole graduation thing. Cards and gifts in the mail, friends and family congratulating her...what's not to love?
Grandma and Papa got her the darling Kathy Von Zeland zebra 3 piece luggage set that will help her roll into Lynchburg in style!
My sister- in- law, Laurie is one of the most thoughtful, creative people you could ever know. She has been collecting special things for Shae for months now. Shae opened 12 very well though out gifts to represent her 12 years in school (she skipped 8th grade so she truly was in school for 12 years!) Shae and Laurie have always had a very special relationship. I think it is because Laurie took me to the hospital when Shae was born and stayed with me to WATCH her come into the world (Scott was at camp but made it home in time, not that he watched her birth!) Laurie...your gifts always put me to shame!
The polka dot pillow for Shae's dorm room was my favorite thing! She was also able to find the MATCHING tote to Shae's luggage! We could NOT believe it!

We had one last dinner with Hannah and Laurie before they flew back to Texas. These two boys were so excited to have everyone over to their house!!
Scott, Shae and Anna had to get up to camp, so Lindsay and I stayed home and went up a few days later. Lindsay wasted NO TIME getting over to Grandma Welms' house at camp. While she was busy with blocks and catching up with Grandma, Anna and I did some re-arranging...and "un-bunking" the beds in their room.
We thought it looked so cute and "big-girl" but, Lindsay wasn't happy.at all. Looks like we may be bunking those beds again in the next week or so since she just "wuvs the beds on top of each other".
Lindsay and I spent 2 nights at camp. Not restful nights at all. She seemed so out of it and all night she was groaning and grunting. I got in her bed to rub her back and she was on FIRE! I gave her Tylenol and it didn't do a thing for the fever. This morning she wanted Anna to get in her bed with her and told Anna, "I have your spot all warm for you", she wasn't kidding! I called the doctor, then took her in. Pneumonia. Great.
She was so excited to finally be at camp and now we are home. She is on an antibiotic and I am hoping she feels good enough to go to camp to celebrate Anna's birthday tomorrow!
<span class=Photobucket">

2 comments:

Grace Meeker said...

Poor Lindsay, definitely praying she feels better! =(

Kim said...

Great update! Take every moment and enjoy it! I also hope Lindsay feels better. Sweet girl.