Thursday, August 27, 2009

Anna's Pretzel M&M Button Cookies

Pretzel M&M Button Cookies
Anna made these "cookies" all summer while we were up at camp. She even made some money on them when she had a lemonade stand up and running. (BTW she has more money than anyone else in our house!)
They are so easy, it is a great recipe to do with kids.
Take square pretzels and lay them out on a cookie sheet.
Place a Hershey Kiss on each pretzel (the most challenging part of this recipe is taking the wrappers off the Kisses).
(Donna Graham says that Rolos work too....doesn't that sound yummy?)
Put in a 200 degree oven for 3 minutes ( our oven at home took 4 minutes). You know they are ready when you try to smoosh the kiss and it smooshes!
Take cookie sheet out of the oven and place an M&M on top of each melty kiss.
Let them cool and enjoy!
{wouldn't they be sooo cute done with the pink and red M&Ms and wrapped in a cellophane bag for Valentine's Day...oh the possibilities!}
I have a very talented friend. She happens to be the mother of Shae's BFF, Maeghan.
Stacy is not afraid to try any project. She is unbelievably talented. She does tile work, paints rooms, makes the cutest things to sell on Etsy, and recently finds cheap, junky furniture on Craig's List and makes it beautiful!

Here is a dresser she found and painted this gorgeous green. It is her craft storage! How cute is that!? I have my eye on a 3 piece bedroom set that she has done in pink...Gor-ge-ous! I can hear it calling my name when I am at her house!

I am going to try to talk her into doing a few projects "with " me!!


Photobucket src="http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/simplyyoursdesign/ingersig.png" border=0>

7 comments:

Kim said...

Love the cookies AND the cabinet! I love when you share ideas Inger. You always inspire me!

Denise said...

Cute cute cute! I love this. Those pretzels look like something I can handle! THanks for posting!

Nikki said...

Love the pretzel cookies. I might try them with Adam over the weekend. Good job Anna!

I love painted furniture! But I can never seem to do it right. I am a sloppy painter and I always forget(or am too lazy) to prime first so the paint always chips off...let us know any tips and secrets she shares with you! :)

Donna said...

Those are the best cookies. A lot of people make them here around Christmas time with red/green M&M's. They are ADDICTING!!!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE painted furniture too! Okay, and I am digging the pink bedroom suit...you must post pictures of it! Check out my friend's blog - we went to Bob Jones together and she finds old pieces and paints them in the coolest colors. It's http://knackstudios.blogspot.com/

Oh, and I'm definitely going to do those cookies with Max. He's so bored in the afternoons and this is something that requires little brain power from me. Donna said on Nikki's blog that you can also use Rolo's...I love caramel so I may have to do that too!

Shannon said...

Those cookies look so yummy! And that cabinet is so pretty! Love that!

Xazmin said...

Love the dresser! Beautiful. Also, those M&M pretzel thingies are delicious...I love 'em!