Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I tried this recipe last year on "New Recipe Monday" and it was a hit, so last night I made it again. My family raved over it again! It doesn't look pretty in the picture but it was De-lish!!

4 chicken breasts (I used 6) flattened to 1/8" thickness
1 block of cream cheese
2T freshly chopped chives
bacon strips (uncooked)
4T butter, cut into small cubes

Mix the cream cheese together with the chives.
Spread cream cheese mixture over each flattened breast and dot with a few small cubes of the butter.
Roll chicken with cream cheese in the middle. Wrap each breast with bacon and use toothpicks to secure.
Place all the rolled chicken in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 until juices run clear.(about 45 minutes or so...check chicken to be sure it is cooked.) Broil for a few minutes to crisp the bacon.

Cream Sauce


In a saucepan, bring to a boil:
1/2 c water
3T butter
1 chicken bouillon cube (or some chicken stock would work, but don't use the water)
1 c heavy cream
1 clove of garlic, minced and sauteed
1T cornstarch
*after the ingredients are well mixed and thickened, add 1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I had to stir constantly to get this incorporated and smooth.)
Pour sauce over chicken and serve. Yummy!
I serve this with pasta and Zucchini (last night we only had "Mickey Mouse" pasta, but it still tasted good!)

I thought I would share a deep, dark secret about myself.

I
might be a hoarder (like, I could probably be on the Oprah Show)!!
Yesterday I hit the jackpot at my fav-o-rite store, TJMaxx. Candles were marked down to a measly $3.oo!!! We're talking Yankee, Colonial and even Woodwick! (My MIL loves the Yankee Roses and Ivy....that one was $2.00, for the BIG one, so I bought the 3 they had left! ) In all I bought 10 candles to add to my collection!! I tried to explain to Scott how smart I am, but he wasn't dishing out any accolades for some reason...(BTW, I also have a stash of stationary, especially the ones with initials on them...helloooooo.....teacher gifts!)
And one last thing, just 'cause she's so cute!

Here is Lindsay this morning . My friend Jennifer made her these cute headbands!! (You can check out Jennifer's Etsy store by going to my sidebar and click on her blog, Jennifer Beaver).
How DO you girls do those link things anyway?

*it's a good thing this girl is so cute because the 4 other people in this house are exhausted by the time she leaves for school after all the talking!
"Can I help you make the lunches, Daddy?"
"I can do it all by myself"
"Is my Grandma picking me up today?"
"Anna, put your shoes on!"
I could give a thousand other examples, but you get the point...and YES, we ARE thankful she can talk! (Scott's Dad thinks it is
wonderful when she throws a fit too, because he says that is a part of her that is "normal"!!) Guess it is all how you look at it!!

<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

8 comments:

Kim said...

thanks for the recipe and deal of the day. I love good values. Makes sense to me!

Julie said...

Thank you so much for the recipe. It sounds wonderful (and fairly easy). I'm not a very good cook! :)

Momofgirls said...

Julie, it is super easy. I made the chicken part in the morning and just did the sauce while the chicken was in the oven!

Kati Anwar said...

Inger - you're not the only candle hoarder. My mom has been toting around the same candle collection since I was in highschool. She must have 25 "emergency" butter rum, cinnamon, and vanilla candles stowed away in the garage. Just tell Scott you had to buy those candles before Robin got them! I'd consider it a personal favor! ;)

Nikki said...

That recipe looks good. I will def give it a try.

I am laughing so hard at the candle collection. You can NEVER have too many candles.

Lindsay is so cute and I love her headband.

Donna said...

Yes, that does look good! I will have to get the ingredients and add it to the list for next week.

I'm laughing at the candles! I have a stash too in case I need a quick gift for someone, but my stash isn't NEARLY as big as yours!!! Those were great deals, though. Way to go!

Jennifer said...

Inger, how are you??? I can't believe the summer is over and you're back from camp...the past several months have been a blur! Hope all is well. It sounds like the girls are enjoying school. The chicken sounds good...sure wish I had the motivation to cook it! :)

Have a great weekend!

Denise said...

Inger I am just catching up on your blog and noticed you still cannot figure out the link thing.

With your mouse, click/highlight with your mouse the word you want to link to another web page. Then click on the globe/world looking thing next to the big T/color box. Then type the web site address you want. Usually I click and paste the web site and then click on the left arrow key to make sure the beginning http thing is not typed twice (sometimes it is) I hope this helps. If not we can help you get it figured out when you come see us next month.