Thursday, September 9, 2010

Gingersnaps

I was looking through all the recipes that my mom has given me and I found one that sounded so good today since it is a cool, breezy and Fall-like day.
These cookies are quite possibly my new favorite cookie! They are De~lish!

Gingersnaps

2 cups flour
2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1 t ground cloves
1 1/2 t ground ginger
3/4 cup (butter flavored) shortening
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
sugar to roll dough in
Cream together the shortening and sugar, add molasses and egg, beat well. Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the other mixture. Mix well.
Roll into balls and then into the sugar. Place cookies 2" apart on cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 5 minutes on the bottom rack, then rotate cookie sheet and bake 5 minutes on the top rack.
Let cookies rest for just a few seconds before taking them off the cookie sheet so they will retain their shape.
*your house will smell so yummy and Fall~ish*

Our new favorite thing...
Hearing that computer ring and having Shae's precious face show up when we answer!
Yay for Skype!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the great recipe Inger. I made them tonight! Delicious!

Donna said...

Yum! I opened your blog and saw the picture of the cookies and my mouth started salivating! I will be making these VERY soon. I call myself a cookie monster because they are my favorite dessert ever! And I love a good ginger snap. Thanks, Inger!!!