Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow!

This is Shae. Shae wants to go somewhere. Anywhere. She needs pencils at Target. Okay, since we have 5,307 pencils at our house she needs to get gas...oh, her tank is 3/4 full? Well then don't I need something from the grocery store? Nope. Shae is staying HOME tonight.

This is why Shae is staying home! Redding got snow, Shae has had her driver's licence for 3 months, and Mom is "overprotective"!!

We really thought there would be more! {{Boo!}} Anna could hardly sleep, and Shae just KNEW school would be cancelled!
Here is our "Blizzard" this morning!

*I did let Shae drive to school, she said she "had" to because last year when it snowed during school, all the kids who drove themselves got out early!! Duh!

7 comments:

Donna said...

Wait a second...I'm confused. California gets snow?! That is crazy! I wish we'd get some here!!!

So did you make hot chocolate and turn the fireplace on and watch movies all day?!

Enjoy your weather!!

Kim said...

Oh Inger, I remember so well the first time it snowed after my kids got their license and it is so refreshing to hear a similar story to ours. Yes, they wanted to drive in it and No, I wouldn't let them!

Kristi Smalley said...

You reminded me of myself with I first got my license. I would come up with every excuse in the book as to why I had to drive to the store. Funny!

I can't believe you did get snow. WOW! I thought you all lived at the beach and had year-round suntans in CA.

Denise said...

Cute post! Give Shae about 10 years and she'll be wanting someone to drive her places and just drop her off at the door, like me!

Momofgirls said...

Denise, you are right! What a bonus having a driver! Especially at Costco to pick up pictures!

Scott and Jess said...

Oh, come on! Let her drive! Drivers license + 3 months = Skills! How else will she learn. How easily we forget the days of longing to drive to the store for the 5,308th pencil. Bah Humbug!

Momofgirls said...

Whatever Scott! We will see when Gavin and Elliot start driving...and you live where it snows too!!