Monday, November 3, 2008

A Month of Thanks

WoW! The commercial Christmas season is upon us! The stores are full of decorations, trees, gift wrap and anything else green or red you can think of. Beofre you know it , it will be the month of......greed. How sad.
I am making a real effort this month (well, all the months really) to be truly thankful . I will work all month with my girls to be sure they know how BLESSED we really are. The song "Who am I?" comes to mind..really, who AM I that the Lord of all the earth would care to know MY NAME? How unbelievable that I am one of His own!
Today I am thankful for:
My salvation
My family (why do I get to be a Mommy when so many don't?)
My health (read this blog www.confessionsofacfhusband.blogspot.com )
My country (why was I born in the US and not Iraq?)
Democracy........please exercise your right, and vote tomorrow!

I am humbled by the life God saw fit to give me, and I pray that I will accomplish His will in the days He has given me on this earth. I am THANKFUL.




2 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

Good word, Inger, good word. Thanks for the reminder today of all that we are blessed with and often take for granted.

Jessica said...

Good blog! We all need to tak tie to thank God for the any blessings the HE gives us!