Thursday, January 13, 2011

Time Flies...

Shae's month home has gone by so quickly. I can't believe she leaves tomorrow night to start her second semester of college. Weird.
We have enjoyed having her daily presence in the house so much. I have LOVED having her go to spin class with me in the mornings especially. One morning on our way home from the gym, we got the most beautiful glimpse of Mt. Shasta.
We kept saying how beautiful our little city is and how thankful we are to live in such a place.
We also admitted that it is nice to "see" the snow in the foothills and on Mt. Lassen and Mt. Shasta...but so nice that we can enjoy it from afar!
Scott has had his fill of snow at camp this week as he prepares for a Jr. High retreat this weekend and he LOVES to remind me that "You don't REALLY want to live where there is constant snow..."
I don't know. I'd still move anywhere in "the south" tomorrow.

Another thing I have enjoyed so much is the gift my girls gave me for Christmas. I have been a fan of Tyler candles ever since I got my first whiff of the Tyler "High Maintenance" candle at my SIL, Lisa's house in Dallas a few years ago. Since they are made in Tyler, Texas and were unheard of in California, I bought 5 candles on that trip and I am sure Scott had a cow when he had to pack them!
I'm happy to say that Redding now has a few places that carry these wonderful candles. The BEST part is that there are so many OTHER Tyler products now too!
Shae and Anna got me candles, hand soap, dryer sachets and ....LAUNDRY DETERGENT! (which is expensive, so they got me the little one). I bought unscented laundry detergent to mix with the Tyler to make it go further, and I am only using it for...
My sheets! Oh gloriously "high maintenance" scented ironed sheets! Ahhhhh.

Tomorrow is our "goodbye" day.
I wonder how Lindsay is gonna do saying goodbye to Shae again. She has gotten used to having her big sister around. She insists that Shae sit beside her (and by "beside" she means that the chairs must be touching).
I don't think Shae has minded, the conversation is usually pretty sweet.

"From the fullness of His grace, we have received one blessing after another."
John 1:16



3 comments:

Julie said...

Before we know it, Shae will have completed her first year of college. Time goes by sooooo fast! Wish it would slow down a bit!

Amy said...

Awww.....what sweet sisters! Think about this.....I hugged Chris good-bye this evening & sent him back for his FINAL semester at LU! AAAGGGHHHHH..........in a few short months, I'm going to have a college graduate! And then I'll be packing Ashley up & moving her to the Burg all too soon. We are being bombarded daily with LU college mail addressed to HER! Yikes!

Momofgirls said...

Oh Amy! A GRADUATE! UGH! And no time to recover from that...BAM! Ashley leaves! Ughhhhhh! Glad I'm not in it alone!(and I am glad Anna is only in 6th grade!)