Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fun and Festive Week

We have had a busy week! I have gotten a little behind on my blog, so this is going to be a catch-up post.
Lindsay came home from school on Friday with a backpack FULL of darling projects she had made at school. I love this little ornament with her picture in it-and LOOK, she is looking at the camera!
Lindsay and Scott have a favorite song during the holidays, Feliz Navidad by Jaci Velasquez! Scott runs to get his guitar to play along and Lindsay gets her groove on!

I always have good intentions of having people over (other than just family) during Christmastime, but the season ends without any get togethers. I was determined to have an ornament exchange brunch this year, so I invited a few girls and we did it!
It is so much fun to get together with other women. God did intend for us to connect with others and it felt good to visit and catch up on each other's lives. All of them have children that go to school or church with my girls.
Here is Carolyn opening her beautiful crystal ornament. Too bad we played the game that people could steal twice...and THAT ornament ended up on MY living room tree!!
Here are some of the girls eating and chatting. I am thankful for each one of my precious friends! (and my Mother-in-law!)

Here we all are with our ornaments!
I have decided that it was so much fun having company that I am NOT going to wait for another holiday to do it again!

The night before the last day of school Shae was busy busy busy baking cupcakes...all by herself... for her 8th graders! She is their P.E. Aide and she *loves*them!
78 Delicious Cuppies-DONE!
Earlier in the day my SIL, Beckie called to see if Gavin could come over while she took Austin to get a gift for his pre-school gift exchange.
Mr. Blue Eyes had a lot to say! He 'talked" non stop!
When Anna came in from school and got some crackers out, he said, "pease". His Mommy said he had just had his lunch, but who could resist this face...
Or these lips...

5 comments:

Denise said...

1. Why is it so hard to get together with friends at Christmas time???
2. Love Shae's tshirt.
3. Love Mr. Blue Eye's, eyes!!!!!

Merry Christmas Inger!

Kim said...

What a fun post!! Looks like you are enjoying the holiday! Hooray! Girlfriends are the best!

Jacquee said...

I made a puzzle ornament just like that in your mother in laws class. =0) I still have it, and it still hangs on my tree.
Glad your ornament exchange went well. I always love seeing Mrs. Luff in your pictures. She never changes. =0) Beautiful as always!

Julie said...

I love the darling ornament Lindsay made!! It is a great picture of her. I'm so glad you had friends over. That's something I always said I wanted to do at Christmas time, but never did!! :(

Dolly said...

I'm the same way about never actually having people over. ONce I do, I always tell myself I'm going to do it more often. It IS fun! Looks like ya'll had a nice time too with lots of yummy food.

Sweet pic of Lindsay and her daddy playing the guitar!