Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Great Christmas Read...

Last year I told you all about "Humphrey's First Christmas" by Carol Heyer. What a precious book! If you are a book lover like me (it's the teacher in me, I am sure) you MUST add another book to your collection. It's a little hard to find but I have recently seen it on Amazon.com.
"The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree" by Gloria Houston, pictures by Barbara Cooney It's the story of a little family who has the honor of providing a Christmas tree to the church in time for the children's program. Have a tissue handy 'cause this one is a tearjerker, especially for military families!
We had some "oh my gracious, WHEN is school starting again" moments here today, so I read Christmas books to the little fighters.
Later in the evening Scott and I were surprised to see Shae hanging out AT HOME, so we took advantage of the free (ha ha) babysitting and went out on a date! We had a relaxing, delicious meal just staring into each other's eyes...uh, just kidding! We talked about what to fix for our family breakfast on Christmas morning and who has to go grocery shopping!

We ran a few errands and then went to Barnes and Noble for some coffee and magazine reading! Scott read pilot magazines and I read decorating magazines and made a long list of projects for HIM to do!
It was a fun evening, and boy will I miss having a live-in babysitter next year!!


<spanPhotobucket src="http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/simplyyoursdesign/ingersig.png" border=0>

3 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

I have been playing catch-up and have enjoyed reading your last several posts. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. BE BLESSED!

Julie said...

I love the pictures of you and Scott. We bloggers don't often post pictures of ourselves. :) Merry Christmas, Inger, to you and your whole family! Give Dottie a big hug from me!! Love you guys!

Momofgirls said...

I know, Julie.. I told the girls that I wanted evidence that I WAS HERE! Haha Merry Christmas to you too!

Kristi, Merry Christmas! Barry, Steph and the kids showed up and surprised us tonight! I am sending a little surprise home with them for you!! Merry Christmas, I am praying for you!